Java Platform SE Binary: Some users have reported one issue in the PC, and is shown in “Java(TM) Platform SE Binary Has Stopped Working” error whenever pc users running any type of Java application. Generally, the “Java Platform SE Binary” pop-up error message is pop-out on the screen by general unresponsive periods and it can be stopped by tapping on the “Close Program” button.
Java Platform SE Binary Has Stopped Working
Mostly, this error occurs because of the video card driver conflict with the Java environment. However, “Java Platform SE Binary” will not happen with every Java-based apps, and with just a few java apps are reported by people to crash with the “Java(TM) Platform SE Binary Has Stopped Working” error. Most of the time, there is one app called “Minecraft” which is one of the most reported apps that crashes with this error message on windows pcs.
If you’re also one of them who facing this same issue, and with this guide, we are going to provide some fixing methods for you. Below, we are going to add some methods that help us to resolve this error message called “Java(TM) Platform SE Binary Has Stopped Working”.
What is the Java Runtime Environment?
If you don’t know about what is a java runtime environment, then you can read our quick introduction here.
The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) also known popular as Java Runtime, which is a part of the Java Development Kit that comes with a set of tools and minimum requirements for executing the Java Apps. The JDK, along with the Java Virtual Machine and the JRE, can be used by developers to program and run all Java apps.
The JRE Acts as a software layer on the top of an Operating System that enforces uniformity and provides more Java services, such as automatic memory.
Methods to Fix Java Platform SE Binary Has Stopped Working
Solution #1: Update Your GPU Card Drivers
Mostly, Java Platform SE Binary error occurs when the Java Environment and your graphics card driver conflict with each other.
Since people getting this error because of the graphic cards, so GPU manufacturers fixed this by OTA Update, and you must Update GPU Drivers to the latest version.
Every reputed GPU manufacturer launched only those GPUs which can detect your GPU Model and install the latest version based on the required graphic card driver.
So, once you update your GPU with the latest version of drivers, then simply restart your computer and check whether the issue resolved or not. If you still facing this error while opening any Java-based apps than you can move to Solution #2 below.
Solution #2: Reinstall All JAVA SE based Apps
If you will not be finding the first solution helpful, then you can try reinstalling all the Java Environment based apps on your PC. Some users reported that this error was automatically fixed once they uninstall their current Java environment and then reinstalled the latest Java version from the official download page of Java.
Step by Step Process:
- First, you need to type Windows Key + R to start the Run box and then, type “appwiz.cpl” and hit Enter to open the Programs and Features window.
- Drag down apps list and uninstall every Java entry that you can find it by right click on each app and select uninstall.
- Once you uninstall all the apps, then reboot your computer.
- In the next step, you need to download the Java environment and you need to restart your pc and check whether everything working fine again or not.
- Once you complete the above steps, make sure all your Java-based apps running without “Java(TM) Platform SE Binary Has Stopped Working” error.
If you are still facing the same error issue, then you can move down to the final solution below.
Solution #3: Perform the Clean Boot
There are so many users who have fixed Java-based programs by performing the clean boot and a clean boot will terminate the conflicts between software and driver since it helps the system with a minimal set of drivers and start the programs frequently.
If you are not facing the “Java(TM) Platform SE Binary Has Stopped Working” error after doing the Clean Boot, then you can understand there must be some startup apps and services that were excluded by the clean boot process.
Read Also: How to Connect a Laptop to Your TV
Once, you have done everything as explained, you should systematically uninstall each infected software until you eliminate the conflict.
Step by Step Procedure on How to Perform a Clean Boot:
- Press Windows Key + R to open up a Run Box, and then type MSConfig and hit the enter to open the system configuration menu.
- Inside the System Configuration window, go to the Services tab and tap on the Disable All button and then hit the Apply button to save all the changes.
- Next, move to the Startup Tab and tap on the Open Task Manager.
- In the Startup tab of Task Manager, select all the startup item which has the status set to Enabled and tap on the Disable button below.
- Once all unnecessary startup procedure has been disabled, terminate the Task Manager and restart your PC.
- In the next startup, check if the apps open without the “Java(TM) Platform SE Binary Has Stopped Working” error. If all the system works normally, continue with the next steps below.
- Now, you need to Enable all the startup items and services by reverse engineering all the processes above until the issue resurfaces.
So, here is the complete information on Java Platform SE Binary error and you can fix it by our in-depth informative step by step guide. If you still have any doubt then you can drop your question in the comment section below and we will get back to you within a few working days and fix all your queries within the comment section.
If you like this post then do share it with your friends and family who use the windows pc and facing “Java(TM) Platform SE Binary Has Stopped Working” error.