Windows sometimes throw a common error such as MSVCR120 dll file is missing and you might not be able to open the particular program in which the error has occurred. MSVCR120 dll file is an important one that pulls out valuable application resources during the runtime initiated by any third-party program installation within the Windows operating system. You can follow these fixes to resolve the issue.
There are five methods that you guide you perfectly to resolve your question of how to fix msvcr120 dll is missing issue easily.
Method 1: Install the msvcr120 dll file newly
You can restore the missing file on your Windows computer in case your device throws an error msvcr120 dll is missing or msvcr120 dll was not found. To perform that, you should download the DLL-files.com Client application or file, which resolves the issue in no time.
- Download the DLL-files.com Client file.
- Install the file and run the application.
- Press Windows key + R and the search box opens.
- Now type MSVCR120.dll and press Enter or wait for the Windows computer to display the search list.
- Now click Search for DLL file and click msvcr120.dll in the search result.
- You may be required to register to install the msvcr120 dll file once you click on the file for installation.
- After installation is complete, check whether the msvcr120 dll is missing problem is resolved, by opening the program that you had an issue with.
Method 2: Reinstalling the Visual C++ redistributable packages
The msvcr120 dll file is present in the Visual C++ redistributable packages. If it is not found on your computer, then it means the package was not installed properly. To fix the mxvcr120 dll missing issue, you can re-download the necessary packages from Microsoft.
- Navigate the Microsoft download website and click Download.
- Choose the appropriate file according to your Windows operating system (x64 for 64-bit and x86 for 32-bit).
- Click on the downloadable file you want and once downloaded, click on the downloaded .exe file.
- Follow the trailing instructions to complete the installation successfully.
- Reboot your Windows system and check if the program works.
This should resolve the msvcr120 dll x86 file missing issue.
Method 3: Perform a clean installation of the program
Remove the previously downloaded file, uninstall the program and reinstall it clearly.
- Go to the Windows Search box with pressing Windows logo key + R at the same time.
- Key in appwiz.cpl in the Search box and press the Enter key.
- Right-click the program that throws an error and then click on the Uninstall option.
- Proceed with the instructions that prompt on the window to confirm the deletion.
- Turn off and turn on your computer, reinstall the program, and open it to check if the problem is resolved.
Method 4: Copy the program file from a different computer
Sometimes, though your computer may have the right compatibility to run the program, still it may not work properly once is it is crashed. Hence, making use of the file from a different computer to your Windows computer should help.
- Find an alternate computer with the same configuration of your computer and that runs on Windows 10/8/7, with architectures 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Ensure that both the computers’ operating system configuration and version are the same.
- Press Windows logo key + E on your new computer and then go to C:\Windows\System 32 and copy the file msvcr120.dll.
- Now paste the copied msvcr120 dll file on the same path C:\Windows\System 32 on your existing computer. To perform this function, you may require an external hard drive or a USB flash drive.
- Launch the program and see if it works.
Method 5: Perform a complete virus scan on your Windows computer
In case your computer has been infected with malware or virus, it could severely cause damage to .dll files, and it could be one of the strongest reasons why the program that you are trying to launch is not working.
If you have already installed any anti-virus application on your computer, enable the scan option and allow it to run and diagnose the defect effectively. The virus scanning process may take a while and may not include many parts of your Windows operating system. In case the anti-virus application detects the virus, it disinfects it on its own.
Later, you will have to restart the Windows computer to check if you can launch the program. Otherwise, after restarting, reinstall the program with any of the previous methods specified and then try if it is running.
Method 6: Update your Windows with the latest version of drivers
Drivers play a most crucial role in the functioning of any operating system. Sometimes, several programs may not operate properly because the drivers would have become obsolete. Windows is a wonderful operating system that allows you to update drivers both manually and automatically. You can prefer the automatic update option called Driver Easy in Windows operating system and install the provided updates. In case you do not have the application, follow these steps and make the job easy:
- Download and install the Driver Easy application on your Windows computer.
- Run the application and click on Scan Now. If your computer has any problematic drivers, this application will scan and detect them.
- Click the Update button present next to a flagged driver to install the correct driver automatically, or else, you can click on Update all that updates all the latest drivers to your computer.
- After all the processes are completed, restart your computer and check if the program is running appropriately.
By applying any one of the aforementioned methods, you should be able to resolve the msvcr120.dll missing issue on your Windows computer.
Read Also : The Mac Task Manager – How to open and use it?
Note that these methods can be applied on Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7 operating system versions. Our blog offers you DIY solutions to your problems so that you need not depend on any technician at the very first minute your computer encounters an issue.
Read Also : Hulu Devices Explained in Fewer than 140 Characters