Bored on working with the same UI offered by Microsoft Office over the years! And looking to try something new. Well, you are in the right place. Here in this article, we listed the top 5 Microsoft Office Alternatives you can work on.
Remember, one should always aware of the fact that No app or tool matches the powerful features of Microsoft.
Microsoft Office – All You Need to Know
Though, Microsoft released its first version of Ms Office released in 1988 still its been in use and list tops in the chart. Even today, office features like Ms Word, Ms. Excel, Ms PowerPoint and so are high used by college students and professionals worldwide.
Apart from Tech people, many don’t know that Ms Office is a highly rated productivity app. Also, Microsoft Office is considerably cost higher when compared with its alternatives. As far as the market price concern, Ms. Office comes with the price tag of $69.99/ year for a single user. The price tag is big higher for common individual users and a small scale organization that uses Ms office as its productivity tool.
Alternatives For The Productivity App Microsoft Office
Meanwhile, in today’s market, you can find a wide range of alternative tools for the Ms Office. Also, those alternatives offer the same functionality as Ms. Office does. Despite being a great alternative tool for the Ms. Office, several alternatives available at a lower price.
Although, those tools are not that much powerful as Ms. Office but still it much worth trying.
List of Top 5 Microsoft Office Alternatives You Can Try As Productivity App
Apache OpenOffice is completely free and open-source, which is loaded with many features. It includes a word processor, spreadsheet program, presentation software. In addition to the graphic editor and DBMS applications.
The productivity tools help companies, businesses, and professionals in managing their writing projects, collect and manipulate valuable data. Also, it handles and streamlines its document management tasks. Apache OpenOffice allows users to easily determine the application or tool used to create a particular file. A complete office package is easy to use and the tools that work seamlessly composed, consistent, and in harmony with each other.
- Calc, Apache OpenOffice Spreadsheet Application is an easy-to-learn tool that uses advanced technology to pull raw data from multiple enterprise databases.
- Office tools for creating presentation materials and enhance them with 2D and 3D clip art, computer graphics, and animation.
- Have an HSQL relational database engine that is designed for personal use.
- With this tool, the sketch of the business processes, plans, and diagrams can be done easily.
- Nevertheless, a tool called the Math that simplifies the creation and editing of mathematical equations.
Google Docs is the best free cloud-based office software that also gives very close competition to Microsoft Office Online. The freely available Microsoft Office Alternative can be useful for home users and students. Also, those who looking for a cost-effective set of office applications, you only pay for the internet.
Google Docs helps easy export to industry-widespread file codecs such as Microsoft ‘docx’, PDF, and numerous others. Similarly, Google’s other office applications such as Sheets, and Slides. Google Sheets now includes a feature where you can create pie charts and bar graphs to data provided simply by typing a description into the text box. Google’s office suite can be accessed at no charge from any location in the world. All you need is a Google account and an active internet connection.
- Google docs are free for individual users with limitations.
- Moreover, Google docs support both android and iOS devices and can install it on your computer and browser. As the window, iMac, Linux, and Chrome.
- Google comes up with a third-party application integration is great. You can add third-party applications and the CRM system project management tools plugin merge and renew contacts.
- Libre Office
LibreOffice is a suite of free productivity tools provided by the non-profit Document Foundation, which was established to create an open-source alternative to Microsoft Office. LibreOffice is a fairly lightweight and flexible suite available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Also, it offers a mobile version for Android.
Read Also: Alternatives of TheWatchSeries
It is actively supported by the minor versions and updates out roughly monthly. LibreOffice Writer is the word processor part of the office suite, and you can download it separately. This includes applications for everything from editing documents to create presentations, and apart from differences in the UI, has a set of features identical to OpenOffice.
- LibreOffice is compatible with a variety of document formats such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- The app also offers the option to export files to PDF format, among others.
- This suite of productivity applications such as word processor, Calc, Impress, vector graphics and flowcharts, database, and formula editing.
- Apple iWork
Apple iWork offers a web-based version that is compatible with the latest versions of browsers like Safari, Chrome, and Internet Explorer is fully integrated with iCloud. There are many features in MS Office that the majority of users do not even know that there Nevermind uses.
- One of the biggest features is the integration of Apple iWork iCloud Drive.
- There are three separate applications, each for word processing, preparing presentations, and creating spreadsheets.
- iWork is free and can be downloaded from the App Store on your Mac.
- The latest version of iWork also sports a clean interface, a customizable utility that emphasizes excessive choice.
- All iWork applications can export to other formats that are compatible with the other suites.
Known as Kingsoft Office in the past; it was renamed as WPS Office is a well-known office application for Android. Besides, WPS Office is the best free Microsoft Office alternative with versions for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android. This office suite is free but ad-supported.
Meanwhile, the applications include Writers WPS, a WPS word processing Spreadsheets, and Presentations WPS. It also supports tabbed editing a document, as you can get with a web browser. Also, It is lightweight and quick to use. Regarding the look and feel, WPS Office is similar to MS Office.
- WPS offers a PDF to Word converter that is easy to use and fast.
- Supports export of bulk and also can split merge PDF files if required.
- It offers free and premium level and multi-language support.
Well, the above listed 5 Microsoft Office Alternatives has features on its own. However, the users need to pick the right tool as an alternative to Microsoft Office based on its features. Before that, you need to make sure about your need and go for the alternatives. Objectively, Microsoft Office is the best you can get, but for those who like to bang with a new tool can go for these alternatives.