In the last few years, there have been many attempts at creating the perfect OCR Converter. However, none have come as close as Cometdocs has. In July 2016 they have released the third version of Image to Word, by far one of the best text-rich image converters on the market. This mobile app is powered by one of the markets leading OCR engines that Cometdocs recently licensed. But first, let us get a bit deeper into what is OCR?
Tried Google tricks, if not then try this Google Loco
What is OCR?
OCR is the technology that helps any converter recognize the data and convert it into a digital file, or as Google has defined it: OCR (optical character recognition) is the recognition of printed or written text characters by a computer. In the language of tech rookies, OCR is a scanner. The better your scanner is, the better outcome of your scan will be.
Why is Image to Word next gen?
Well, that’s a great question! To give an answer to that, we will have to get a bit more into the features that Image to Word has to offer:
- Aside from having an excellent OCR engine, Image to Word converts with immense speed
- Converted files end up in .docx format, which is optimal for further editing
- You can preview and discard your file after conversion
- You can also easily share your new file from within the app and open in other apps
- Its OCR can read paper files, native images and even screenshots
- Image to Word is battery friendly, which means you can shut it down once you send file to Cometdocs servers for conversion
- Your original file is deleted from the server 24h after conversion for user privacy and safety
- Free Customer Support for all users
See, not many conversion apps can brag about some of these features, and certainly next to none can say they have it all like Image to Word. That is exactly what separates Image to Word from other similar OCR apps.
READ ALSO: aptoide ios
How does it work?
While most conversion apps have several hefty requirements, Image to Word requirements is next to none. All you need is a good camera and some decent lighting. You can convert your files in 2 ways, from the gallery or by taking a photo from your hand. This will make converting paper documents significantly easier because you don’t have to scan them or even upload/download them. You can follow the guidelines within the app by selecting Options and then tap Guide for better results. This will show you the correct way to take a photo for it to be optimal for high-end conversion.
As you can see from the screenshot above, once you select the file you want to convert, Image to Word sends the file to the server. From there, you can even turn your phone off and next time you open the app, the file will be converted.
Where can I find Image to Word?
Image to the word is available on both IOS and Android. You can feel free to try it out on both platforms and let the Cometdocs developers know what you think about it, what kind of experience you had while using it and leave a short review on either of the app stores for future users!