It has happened to everybody: you are working peacefully but suddenly, with an accidental click, you delete a super important folder. If it went to a recycle bin, you can very easily restore it back to your desktop. But if you have selected an option to delete files from your system, you can then recover deleted files with a special tool only.
There are many of them, these recovery tools of all kinds. The good thing is that for Windows you can find even enough decent free tools. But what should one do if the files, for one or another reason, cannot be recovered so simply? Or, rather, how to handle a deleted files recovery in a way to not to look for solutions later?
You will get to know how to Recover Deleted Files with Disk Drill for Windows. This software, even its free version, can do many things other similar tools cannot. And if you upgrade for a Pro Version, you can recover any files, unlimited volumes of them, from anywhere.
Instructions on How to Recover Files with Disk Drill
You can find how to Recover Deleted Folders in Any Windows Version in this guide. We have explained in details how to undelete files. But to tell the truth, the prompts that you will be getting during the procedure will be so detailed, that you will handle all easily.
So, here we go, with a detailed instruction:
- Download Disk Drill from its official website. Avoid unauthorized sources, due to the risks of getting a virus or other malware. Note please that you better don’t use for any installations a location, from where the important materials were removed. The thing is that any files are not removed from the system instantly. They are still there till you don’t overwrite them, by saving in the location something else.
- Start the tool.
- Choose the location from where you want to retrieve deleted files.
- Search for Lost Data option is going to work for you now. It will find the files that you have deleted. Now, after you have got the list of them, you can restore deleted files on windows.
- Now, it is the turn of the most important part: file recovery Select a place where you want them to be undeleted. Important note: don’t select the folder where they were stored initially. In case they, for some reason, will be not recovered or will not be recovered properly, they will be overwritten and, probably, lost forever.
- Now, you can undelete files on windows and check if they are ok (not corrupted, if you can open them, and so on).
Some Useful Tips from DiskDrill Team
We recommend trying with a free version first because Disk Drill can recover most of the files. But if your files were not detected during the search stage or were not recovered properly, it means, you might need a Pro version. It can handle even corrupted files and the biggest volumes of data, while a free version is only limited to 500MB, which is ok for home use, but definitely not for an enterprise.
Read Also : List of Top 5 Microsoft Office Alternatives
Finally, if you work with important files, a backup is the thing you need. Disk Drill provides this option, as well. If important information is deleted and you cannot restore it, a backup version might save the situation. Of course, this is not the very last version, but at least something you will get.
And, finally, avoid Shift+Delete combinations. It is always recommended to send files to a recycle bin first, from where you can undelete them if needed. If you use Shift+Delete combination, a recovery tool is your only chance to get the data.