Do not know where I get the enthusiasm to write about printers and provide any sort of printer information to its users? Though a plethora of printer models are available and they are easy to set up, yet, the printer is a wonderful invention. So are we going to talk about printer models today? No, definitely not about printer models; it is on the printer test page.
To know why a printer test page is so important and what benefits you get out of it, you should read this blog till the end; otherwise, you may not be able to know how to make use of it.
Why should you prefer using printer test page services?
There are multiple reasons as to why you should go for a printer test page. Here are some for you to glance through.
- If you want to know whether the print quality is up to the mark, printing a test page definitely helps you sort it out.
- If you have a plan to produce bulk prints then performing a sample printing test notifies whether the desired output can be achievable.
- You can keep your printed information safe from hackers or malware accessing them by using online color printing services, to obtain a printer test page.
- Moreover, if your printer is linked to your personal computer or laptop, you can use online printing services to know how many color and black & white print copies have been received for the day.
Read Also: 8 Mirror Sites for Phone Similar To Spy Dialer
How to obtain a printer test page?
A printer test page helps you safeguard your printer by providing more useful information. You will be able to know the ink level status, ink cartridge condition, network connectivity issues if you have a wireless printer and ink supplies information as well.
Be it a Windows or Mac system, printer test page remains common. Moreover, you can easily connect any type of inkjet or laser printer and check its performance through printing a test page. Also, if you do not know the part number of your printer or its cartridge, the printer test page helps you recognize it.
In this section, we will see how to get a printer test page from various operating system versions.
Steps to print a test page from Windows XP
- Search for the Windows Start icon and click on it.
- Select Control Panel and double-click on it.
- Now right-click on the printer name and select Properties.
- Then when you can see the Print Test Page option, click on it, and the printer prints the test page.
Steps to print a test page from Windows 7
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard or click the Windows Start button and open it.
- Now choose Control Panel and select Appliances and Printers.
- Right-click on the printer name and then select the Properties option.
- You can see the Print a Test Page option on the same window.
- Click on the option and wait for the printer to print the test page.
- Once you obtain the test page, click on OK.
Read Also: How to hack Kahoot? Create Kahoot, Cheats
Steps to print a test page from Windows 8 or 8.1
- Click the Windows icon that appears on the lower-left corner of your computer screen.
- Type the word printer in the Windows search bar that you can find and hit the Enter key. The moment you do this, your computer starts searching for printers connected to your computer.
- Click on Settings and access the Devices and Printers option from the search results that appear.
- If your printer is connected to your computer, it should appear along with the name; otherwise, just right-click on the printer icon and select Printer Properties.
- Next, click the Printer Test Page tab that appears on the lower-right side of the window.
- Now your printer prints the test page successfully.
Steps to print a test page from Windows 10
- Click on Windows Start icon and type Printers and Scanners in the search box.
- Choose your printer from the list that appears under the Search Results option.
- If it does not appear by default or as an alternate method, you can click on Settings and select the Tools option.
- Under Tools, select the Printers and Scanners option on the left-sidebar.
- Now click on your printer name. Next, on the succeeding page, click Manage from the list of options available.
- If you see the Print a Test Page option, click on it and wait for the printer to accomplish the test page task.
Steps to print a test page from Mac
- Choose the Apple menu followed by System Preferences.
- Then select the Print & Fax /Print & Scan / Printers & Scanners icon or option.
- Now check whether your printer name is listed on the left side of the window.
- Next, choose Open Print Queue then the Printer menu at the top of the screen, and then click Print Test Page.
What if your printer does not print a test page?
If your printer is unable to print the test page, here are few tips that you can use to check under which conditions it is not printing.
This helps you resolve any issues with your printer.
- First, check whether the ink cartridges are installed properly and are positioned in the right slots.
- Check whether the printer tab is completely free and no air is blocking the ink cartridge to spill ink equally.
- As the last step, turn off your printer and remove all the cartridges. Reinstall the removed cartridges and turn on your printer and check if it works well.
Read Also: Xfinity WiFi – Username and Password Hack
It is important you should know that a printer test page can help you overcome problems such as blocked printheads, alignment issues, color replication, ink flow level, network problems, etc. If you have not known how to print a test page previously, hoping through this blog, you would have gained a good knowledge of how to go with the same. For more help on a printer test page, feel free to reach us anytime.