It’s rather frustrating when you install a new app and come across an error message that says, “Screen overlay detected.” You must have seen this popup oftentimes trying to launch an app like ES File Explorer, Clean Master, Lux, or Twilight. If so, then I bet it isn’t easy to link to its source in your device settings. Luckily, you can have the answer; let’s see How to fix overlay screen detected on android phone you have.
What is the Cause of Screen Overlay Detected Error?
Every app you install on your device requires certain permissions in order to function correctly. While some other apps (aka floating apps) are continually running in the background, launching another app may show up a message “To change this permission setting, you first have to turn off the screen overlay from Settings > Apps.” Then you redirected to your device settings right away.
A screen overlay is a function that mobile apps use to keep them atop the other ones while different apps are in action. For example, Facebook messenger chat heads, prompting you for every incoming message.
Which Phones are Affected by Screen Overlay Detected Error?
Every android device that supports screen overlays is vulnerable to this error anytime. The most common incident is while you try to install an app allowing it to access your phone’s camera, gallery, contacts, location, etc. This is where this error can creep in.
How to fix Overlay Screen Detected on Android?
You can tackle this error and rid it even if you aren’t tech-savvy. You need to find the answer in the device settings and follow these steps to bypass Screen Overlay Detected Error.
- Tap Device Settings.
- Then, Tap on Apps & Notifications.
- Advanced Options>Special App Access
- Tap on Display Over Other Apps/Display over other Apps (Android Marshmallow).
- Select the app you think is the cause of this error and use the toggle to disable it in the background.
How to fix overlay screen detected error on Samsung Smartphones
- Open Device Settings.
- Tap on Applications>Applications manager > More
- On the top right corner, tap on Apps that can appear on top.
- You can choose which app to disable to overlay.
How to fix Overlay Screen Detected Error on Mi Phones
- Open the phones setting
- In setting’s search bar, Type “Draw in the text field
- Tap on “Draw over other apps”
- In ‘Draw over other apps’ section you can find which app is overlaying your android phone. You can TURN ON or OFF from the same screen… DONE…!
How to Resolve Overlay Screen Detected on LG Smartphone
- Go to your phone’s settings.
- Tap on General Tab.
- Select Apps option from the list.
- Find the app that is using screen overlay and tap to select it.
- Tap on Draw over other apps>App Permission>
- Finally, Tap the Toggle On or Off button to turn screen overlay feature on/off.
How to fix Screen Overlay Detected on Android by Install Button Unlocker
Literally, there may be many apps using the feature of screen overlay in your phone you are unaware of. A simple solution to this is Install Button Unlocker app from the play store and let it decipher the ones. This app simply asks you for access to draw over other apps. What is does is override other apps to overcome the Screen Overlay Detected issue. Once you activate Install Button Locker, you’ll no longer have to see the screen overlay error again.
You May Also Like
- How to Play Android Games on PC
- ACMarket APK Download for iOS and Android
- How to Install Custom ROM Without Losing Android Date
- How to Find Hidden Files on Android
There is nothing serious about this popup to be afraid of. However, if it gets frustratingly frequent, it’s time to know How to fix screen overlay detected on android you are currently having. You can get rid of it using the methods I have mentioned above.