When it comes to a small business, your company is going to have specific needs in terms of the applications you will need. This is essentially the case when choosing CRM software. Most of the systems available are usually designed keeping in mind medium or large-sized enterprises. Here are 4 points to consider when choosing the perfect CRM solution for your company.
1. Consider Your Business Requirements
The type of CRM and features that will be best for your business will depend on what your requirements are. When looking for the best software, you should look for a CRM system that is the right one for you.
Consider the challenges your business has and then search for a system to address them. Some of these challenges can be as follows:
- Difficulty with organizing and finding the required customer data
- Difficulty in creating and retaining loyal customers
- Challenges in client communication
- Challenges in managing team schedules
- Long sales cycle
- Poor visibility into team performance
There can be many other challenges based on your business type and your business itself.
2. Look for Key CRM Features
Once you have evaluated your requirements, it will become easier to determine what features are required in your small business CRM. Some of the most important and commonly sought after features are as follows:
- Ease of use
- Customization and flexibility
- Third-party integrations
- Mobile or remote access
- Integrated analytics
- Core functionality
- Analytics integration
- Multi-channel support
3. Types of CRM
Next, you should consider the different types of CRM software available in the market. There are different types of systems and it is likely that one may type may address your specific requirements. Some of these different options are as follows:
- Basic Operational CRM: It provides a common platform and one set of customer data for your different departments to work on. It can make it difficult for your marketing, sales, and support teams to find the required customer data. Some of its key capabilities include sales force automation, marketing automation, and service automation.
- Analytical CRM: It can use advanced techniques like data mining and pattern recognition to process and analyze customer data. If you seek deeper insights into how your customers are buying, this is the right system for your business.
- Collaborative CRM: This type of system enables communication and allows better sharing of key customer information internally and externally. The result is that your teams can create more effective campaigns.
4. On-Premise Vs Cloud
You should also consider whether you will choose a Cloud-based or on-premise system.
- Cloud-Based CRM: Such CRM software doesn’t require any technical or service expertise. Your staff can access the system from anywhere as long as they are connected to the internet. The software is hosted on the vendor’s server.
- On-Premise CRM: As the name suggests, the software will be hosted physically on your premise. This translates into direct access to the servers and you can integrate with other applications. This also means recruiting in-house IT teams and investing in software and hardware.
It is also recommended to choose small business CRM from a vendor that has experience in your industry. So consider all these points when choosing the right CRM system for your business.