How to Change Language on Facebook: Facebook, the world’s most powerful social media network, is made available in over 100 different languages. That would mean the service is available in your own language as well. The service is available, by default, in English. But, if you want to set it in your local language, Facebook lets you do that. So, how to change the language on Facebook?
How to Change Language on Facebook?
Well, there are multiple options you can use if you are checking how to change the languages within the app, or even how to change the language in the Facebook notification. You can either decide to change the language settings either on your Facebook web version or the app.
Let us explore the two methods, one by one.
How to change the language on the Facebook web?
Well, the steps should rather be easy and straightforward to go with. Follow the steps here if you want to know how to change the language in Facebook chat –
- Launch Facebook on your preferred browser.
- Click on the down arrow at the top right corner and then
- Tap on Language and Region on the left side.
- Click on the language shown beside the options Facebook Language.
- Choose the language you want to use Facebook in. You can pick your favorite language from among those available on the drop-down list.
- Next, click on Save Changes, and that should do it.
That should do it. Your profile will reload, and it should now be available in your language.
How to change the language in FacebookApp?
You can also change the language on your Facebook app. Most of us are active on the Facebook mobile app and changing the default language on the mobile app should be much easy and straightforward.
Here are the steps you can use to understand how to change the language on Facebook –
- Launch your Facebook app on your mobile
- Click on the hamburger menu on your Facebook app.
- Next, click on Settings and Privacy.
- Next, tap the option
- You should get access to multiple language options.
- You should now find the option for every alternative in terms of languages supported on the Facebook app.
- Click on the language you want to change your Facebook app too.
That does it. Your Facebook app will refresh itself and change the language of the app by itself.
In case you find the language has not changed even after completing the steps discussed here above, it would be advisable to remove Facebook from your Recent apps list, and then repeat the above steps.
Is there any alternative method available?
If you are wondering how to change the language on Facebook, you have yet another option that should help you make the necessary changes. The settings are available right under your News Feed. News Feed is where you would find all the posts and updates from all your friends and the groups that are part of it.
Here is how to change the language in Facebook chat from the News Feed –
- Launch Facebook on your web version as in the first option here above.
- Scroll down your news feed down.
- You should find the option for languages on the right side of your news feed.
The list will show a few select languages. You can click on the Plus sign beside the language options available. This will help you find access to all the supported languages.
Just click on the appropriate language that you want to have access to on your Facebook app.
How to change the Facebook language to Arabic on iPhone?
On your Facebook app on iPhone, the language of your Facebook app would be the same as the language you have set up in your device settings. Even the date, time, and other settings would be dependent upon the language and region you have chosen.
However, if you are looking to change the language on your iPhone, the app does offer you the opportunity.
Here are the steps you can follow to change the language –
- Launch your Facebook app on the iPhone.
- Tap on the Hamburger menu. You should find the option at the bottom right.
- Scroll down and tap on Settings and Privacy.
- Next, choose the option App Language
- If you have set the preferred language option for your Facebook app, you will be taken to the device settings where you would be able to change the Facebook language.
- In case you have not configured the app settings for Facebook, tap on the Open Phone Settings option to set up the app language for your Facebook app.
The settings can be a little confusing. The configuration gives an idea that you are about to change the settings for your entire device. You do not need to worry. The configurations and settings you make here will change the language settings for the Facebook app only and does not change the rest of the iPhone language settings.
Read Also: 9 Instagram Growth Hacks for Your Business
You can also opt for several settings to change the Facebook language on other news feed language settings as well. This will include turning the translation on or off.
A Funny anecdote in how to change the language in Facebook
Facebook had a funny and exciting language that now remains discontinued. It was called Pirate English and used to change your Facebook language to that of the pirates.
All the settings and preferences on your Facebook would change to the same pirate’s lingo. For instance, your friends will be called wenches or sea dogs. It was quite funny enough, but the option now remains unavailable. Facebook has removed the functionality and is being missed by the Facebook fans aware of the feature.
Read Also: Content Ideas for Instagram
The Concluding Thoughts
Well, those were a few settings that would ideally be an excellent option for changing the language on the Facebook app. We assume the tips showed here on how to change the language on Facebook should be much helpful in varied ways.
The tutorial featured here is based on the latest version of the Facebook app on your phone, whether on Android or iPhone. If you find that you are on an older version of the software, kindly update your app from the respective app stores, and then follow the tips we have featured in this compilation.