Not all WordPress hosting services are alike. They are designed to cater to different requirements.
Which one is for you? It is important that you pick the right hosting service by evaluating your needs and budget.
This in-depth WordPress hosting review post will explain different types of WordPress services and their features.
Shared WordPress Hosting
If you’re just starting out blogging or running a website that doesn’t receive a lot of traffic, shared hosting may be suitable for you. It provides you with sufficient resources without breaking a bank.
How does it work?
One user shares the same server resources with multiple others. And for that reason providers are able to offer the lowest possible cost.
People who don’t want to shell out a lot of money for hosting may go for shared WordPress hosting. It’s the best option for newcomers and if you want to deploy your site immediately. There might not be a better hosting option than this.
Just remember, it might not be the best option if you are expecting top-notch security services and performance for your site. Multiple users sharing the same resources (drive space, processor, memory) of a single server might slow down a busier website.
Also, sharing the same resources raises some questions about security.
Advantages of Shared Hosting
- Shared WordPress hosting is the least expensive option. There are many web hosting providers that offer shared hosting for as low as $1 per month. You can also upgrade to premium plans for as little as $5.
- It is quite user-friendly in comparison to other hosting services. You don’t need to have any special knowledge in server administration to take care of those chores.
- You get MySQL and PHP support as well.
- Some premium shared hosting plans offer a free domain name registration.
Managed WordPress Hosting
It can be defined as a fully optimized WordPress hosting platform. With this type of hosting, your hosting provider remains responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the server.
Along with server maintenance, the provider also takes care of WordPress updates, security, server-level caching, etc.
In order to protect your website against different types of security threats, various security measures are also taken. It may include spam filtering, virus scanning, and firewall configuration.
With managed WordPress hosting, the entire hosting environment is built around making your WP site run fast and secure.
Some of the benefits of choosing managed web hosting are:
- You get 24/7 dedicated support. There will always be a professional team of technicians behind you.
- Because managed hosting servers are optimized for WordPress sites, your website loads fast.
- You get more security against different types of WordPress-related threats such as data hacking, ransomware, etc.
- Managed hosting plans are designed to handle large amounts of traffic.
VPS WordPress Hosting
VPS or Virtual Private Server hosting gives you most of the benefits of a dedicated server. Still, it is quite different from dedicated hosting in various ways.
With VPS hosting, you get a certain amount of resources reserved for you on a server. As though you share one server’s space with different hosting accounts, it still acts as if it was one dedicated server.
You can think of VPS hosting as a computer which is used by different users. You cannot access their information without logging into another account.
Therefore, the plan you choose and customizations will not apply to others. VPS may be the ideal option if you have outgrown shared hosting resources.
Some of the benefits of VPS hosting are:
- It is cheaper than a dedicated hosting yet offers similar benefits.
- You can customize VPS plans to meet your own specific needs.
- They are easily scalable. You can start off with the minimum resources and scale up as you grow.
- In comparison to shared hosting service, you get more control over your virtual server.
Cloud hosting is another popular hosting service for a WordPress site. Using this hosting option, your website is hosted on a cloud platform that can be operated across various web servers that are interconnected.
Cloud hosting is known to offer a good loading speed as data of your site is rendered from various servers that we don’t see in shared hosting. Usually, this type of hosting is preferred by corporate giants.
- In most cases, you can choose the operating system of your choice – i.e. Windows or Linux.
- You get more flexibility as entire server configuration is managed through a web-based or API.
As the name indicates, dedicated hosting is a term that is used to describe hosting plans that offer a dedicated server to an individual. It is an ideal web hosting for a WordPress site that has the heaviest levels of traffic. Plentiful resources dedicated to one website will fit best for this robust hosting plan.
Advantages of Dedicated Hosting
- As server resources are not shared with multiple users, dedicated hosting is considered more reliable.
- Since you get a unique IP address, it boosts your website’s reputation.
- Dedicated hosting is usually equipped with the round the clock support.
There many options from which you can choose a suitable hosting service. Now it is up to you to decide which one fits your needs and the budget.
Keep in mind that carefully choosing a provider might be your key to success. Don’t forget to read some WordPress hosting reviews!