Are you one of those who use Google Chrome frequently to access your favorite websites then, I am damn sure that you must go through one issue that came with almost all Google Chrome users which is the “This Site Can’t be Reached” error that comes while accessing some sites on Chrome Browser.
Most of those users still don’t know how to fix this site can’t be reached and trust me, I am one of them but as I always say that on BulletinTech, I always prefer to fix technical errors by my own experience. Generally, I used to shut down the internet browser and retry it, sometimes, I used to disable internet connection and enable it to access websites.
For all Google Chrome users, the “This Site Can’t be reached” error can pop out if the website takes too long to load in the browser. Instead, you start using a different browser, I found the solution for this error called “This Site Can’t be reached”.
What is “This Site Can’t be Reached” Error in Chrome Browser?
This Site Can’t Be Reached Error in Google Chrome activate when the website address [Web URL] you are trying to access cannot be reached within a certain time period, and when it doesn’t load than Google Chrome automatically reacts with ‘This Site Can’t Be Reached’ error so you will be notified that This Site Can’t be Reached at the moment.
Common Cause of This Site Can’t Be Reached Error: In most cases, it comes because there is another underlying error caused by your domain name system also known as the DNS server.
Why This Site Can’t be Reached Occur, Why Does This Error Happen?
The most common reason for This Site Can’t be reached pop up is because of DNS lookup failure in the chrome browser. The DNS network used to access websites via the domain name [www.abc.com], so the website URL you are used to put in the search bar of your chrome browser.
Whenever you hit enter after entering the URL, the browser will access the website via the internet protocol address, and the DNS network system acts as a medium where it translates the website domain name into an internet protocol address.
WHY? The DNS Lookup failure occurs, when the misconfiguration of the DNS address or the Windows DNS client isn’t working properly.
This Site Can’t be reached – Error Reason?
- Google Chrome Browser has Cookie Corruption.
- Wireless network connections need repairs.
- Wireless Adapters are outdated.
- PC antivirus is blocking the website.
- Your DNS cache is invalid.
How to Fix “This Site Can’t be reached” Error in Google Chrome?
So, in this section, finally, I am going to share the methods that will help you to fix This Site Can’t be reached error in google chrome and YES, here you don’t need any tech expert to fix this error for you.
- Clear Your Browser Cache
One of the easiest methods to fix This Site Can’t be reached error in the chrome browser is by clear browser cache to see if the problem is occurring because of cookie files. So, here’s how to fix it:
- First, Open your Google Chrome Browser on your computer, and tap on the Three Dots in the top right corner of the browser and select More Tools from the list and clear the browsing data. You can also open it via CTRL + SHIFT + DEL.
- On the Settings windows, under the time range, select All Time and select to clear out all browsing history, your cookies, and cached images via the clear button.
- Once this done, try Reloading the Webpage to see, if the issue was related to Cache or not.
- Restart DNS Client
If the above methods didn’t work for you, move to this method to fix the DNS Client by restarting it.
- Open up your Run Module by pressing Start + R on your keyboard or enter in Run into your computer search bar.
- Now, enter services.MSC into the run module.
- Now, it will open the list of services that are available, and you need to scan the list for DNS Client and right tap and hit the Restart option.
- Now, Reopen your Google Chrome Browser and check to see if the error is fixed or not.
- Change DNS Servers
Sometimes, you can fix This Site Can’t be reached by changing the DNS Servers. It is always recommended to use an alternative DNS address when your internet connection is slow.
- First, go to the Task Management Tray, find your network icon, right tap on it, and select the Open Network and Sharing Center section.
- Now, tap on the button that opens the properties of the internet network you are using.
- Now, find the TCP/IPv4 properties section and manually set up your DNS server to either Google DNS or Open DNS. Google DNS primary service used to be like 18.104.22.168 and the secondary server is 22.214.171.124. For Open DNS options, the primary server used to be like 126.96.36.199 and the second one is 188.8.131.52.
- Reset Your TCP/IP Address
You can fix this error by resetting your TCP or IP.
- First, you need to open the command prompt and for that go to, search box via the start button and enter CMD and right-click on it and open it as an administrator.
- Now, type ipconfig /release -> ipconfig /all -> ipconfig /flushdns -> ipconfig /renew -> netsh int ip set dns -> netshwinsock reset and hit enter.
- Now, try to restart your computer and check whether you can open the websites or not.
So, guys, this was the whole process, I used to fix This Site Can’t be reached error in google chrome and now you can also follow our step by step methods and fix this browser error without taking any technical help from any geek.
Now, you have a complete guide on it, so if you still have any queries, let us in the comment section below.