The Portable Document Format has revolutionized file sharing because it retains formatting and can be read on any device and operating system. Unlike Word documents and other file formats that can only be opened with the latest versions of software, PDFs can be universally opened and used. However, there will be times when you need to convert PDF files into other file formats. Here’s how to go about it.
Converting PDF to Word
If you have an Adobe Acrobat program, it is simple to convert PDF to Word files like DOC and DOCX. When using Acrobat Pro DC, just follow these steps:
- Open the file you want to convert.
- Click on “Export PDF” in the right pane.
- Select “Microsoft Word” as the export format.
- Click “Convert. “
- Name the Word file and save it to your desired location.
Converting PDF to JPG
If you have a PDF image that you need to be in the common JPG format, you can easily convert it while retaining the image quality and resolution. In Adobe Acrobat, you can simply:
- Go to “File” and “Save As.”
- Choose “JPG” as your desired format.
- Click “Save,” and voila, you will have converted your PDF to JPG.
If you do not have Acrobat, do not worry. There is another way you can simply convert your PDF image by using a reputable online PDF to JPG tool. A free, easy-to-use online converter can change your file into a JPG within a matter of seconds, and you can use it on any type of device, from desktop computers to mobile phones.
Converting PDF to PNG
Another popular image file type is PNG. If you need to convert a PDF image into a PNG file, you can easily do so in Adobe Acrobat:
- Go to the “Tools” tab.
- Select “Export PDF” and then choose “PNG.”
- Click the gear icon next to your selected file format to configure the conversion settings.
- Click “Export PDF,” and choose your folder destination.
- When the “Save As” window pops up, enter the name of the file and click “Save.”
Converting PDF to PowerPoint
When you want to transfer a PDF file’s content into a PowerPoint presentation, you could copy the content directly from the PDF and paste it into the slides. But that is a very time-consuming activity, and formatting could become messed up in the process. A much easier method is to convert the PDF into the PowerPoint format of PPTX. You can do that quickly and easily using Adobe Acrobat Pro, but unfortunately, the feature is unavailable in older versions of Acrobat. To convert PDF to PPTX with Acrobat Pro:
- Go to “Tools,” and select “Export PDF.”
- Select “Microsoft PowerPoint” as the export format.
- Choose the file you want to export and click the “Export” button.
- When the “Save As” window pops up, name the PPTX file and save it in your desired location.
Converting PDF to TIFF
TIFF is a format commonly used in industries like printing and publishing. It is a good format for bitmap images that require editing. If you need to convert a PDF file to the TIFF format, you can use Adobe Acrobat. Open Acrobat and then:
- Click “Tools” and then “Export PDF.”
- Select “Image” and then “TIFF.”
- Browse the PDF you wish to convert and choose the desired location.
- Click “Save.” It is as easy as that!