The car batteries are categorized into two groups: Sealed and Flooded. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. But, in the case of using them in cars, sealed batteries are given priority. And, AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) is a more favorable sealed type battery that is used in vehicles. It is a more durable and can salvage value of your car as compared to any flooded type battery.
An AGM battery has a lot of advantages, which makes it a great choice to purchase. According to the famous car-related website bestfordriver.com, here are some AGM car battery benefits:
- They are a sealed type battery so they can be positioned even upside down; in brief, they are position-independent type batteries.
- They comprise of such elements that enable them to get charged quickly.
- They are vibration resistant and maintenance-free. And can work in any condition where a standard battery can be dead.
While using an AGM battery, a few measures are essential to have in concern for excellent battery life:
- It should only be charged using the charger provided by the manufacturer.
- Always do a full charge before having it in use.
- Give attention to the surrounding temperature while charging them.
There are some precautions or steps when installing an AGM battery:
- It should be ensured about the surrounding that there is no combustible substance nearby.
- When installing the battery, the personal protective method should be taken, which means protective gloves, clothes, and goggles should be used.
- Also, keep avoiding any metastatic thing during installation. Meatal materials like a watch can accidentally create a situation of short circuit.
- Before starting this process, please ensure that the main switch is turned off.
- Ensure that everything is connected properly before switching on.
- Never hit on any terminal of the battery because this could bring the internal damage to it.
These precautions and recommendations can help to have a better battery life ahead and can also help to avoid any risks or damage during the process of installation.
Here are the steps to install an AGM battery in a car:
- Firstly check that if there any leakage or any damage to the older battery surface. If found any, remove it using a wire brush or with any other required stuff.
- Remove the battery terminals from the cables, negative terminal first, followed by the positive terminal.
- Detach the older battery from its position joint carefully.
- Then bring the AGM battery and put to the battery area and fix its position before establishing the attachment.
- After the position is fixed, firstly attach the positive terminal to the cable, followed by the negative terminal of the battery.
- Ensure whether all attachments are proper. After ensuring, check the current flow in the battery. If found any inappropriate behavior, do recheck every joint and connection.
These are the general steps of installation, but before installing, please go on for the safety norms. These whole process of protective methods and changing of battery completes the safer method of installing an AGM battery in a car or any other vehicle.