Windows throws up a lot of error messages and sadly enough, most of them are unintelligible. What we mean by that phrase is that you will never understand what does the error exactly means. BAD POOL HEADER is one such error that we will be turning our attention to today. Let us find out what exactly does this error mean and how can you fix BAD POOL HEADER.
What Is Bad Pool Header Error?
To begin with, the Bad Pool Header error is associated with the error code 0x00000019. Put in simple words, it just means that the Pool Header is corrupted. Moreover, it is one of the several BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) symptoms that can affect your device.
However, you need not fret. The issue can easily be sorted out. Try following any of the methods we will be explaining in the following paragraphs. The error can be caused because of a few issues plaguing your computer. However, some of the possible causes include
- Drivers on your computers might have corrupAnti-Virus
- Some Anti-Virus solutions misbehave and play havoc with the Pool Header.
- Some of your Startup programs can be culprits and thus trigger the error.
How to Fix Bad Pool Header error?
Well, depending upon what has been the root cause of the problem you have been facing, you can employ multiple fixes to check if the issue can be sorted out. Since there is no a fixed reason for the occurrence of this issue, we would advise you to try the methods featured here one by one.
Method 1 Disable your Anti Virus Solution
One of the major causes that can induce the Bad Pool Header error can be your Anti Virus software. So replacing it can solve the problem most of the times.
Just go into settings for your Anti-Virus solution, and disable all the protection. Well, we know that it can be risky â€“ however, we are just investigating the problem. Once you have disabled it, check if it resolves the Bad Pool Header error. If it does, you can uninstall your Anti-Virus completely (As such, we recommend using software like
Once you have disabled it, check if it resolves the Bad Pool Header error. If it does, you can uninstall your Anti-Virus completely (As such, we recommend using software like Revo Uninstaller for the purpose), you can either reinstall the software from scratch or opt for any alternative Anti-Virus Tool.
Method 2Â Disable Fast Start Up
Windows has enabled Fast Start Up by default. However, you can follow the steps below to disable it.
- Press Windows Key and R key simultaneously to get into RUN program. Or else, you can search by typing RUN and clicking on the first result.
- Now, click on Power Options.
- In the left sidebar, click on Choose what the power button does.
- Now click on Change Settings that are currently unavailable.
- Now, uncheck the box that states Turn on fast startup (recommended).
- Click on Save Changes.
Reboot your computer and find if the issue still persists.
Method 3 Use Clean Boot
Some of the startup programs on your system can be creating the Bad Pool Header error. Therefore, using a clean boot option can help find the culprits.
Thus, here is how you can go about it â€“
- Press Windows Key and R to reach RUN dialog box.
- Type in msconfig and click on OK.
- You will now reach System Configuration. Click on General tab and choose Selective Startup.
- Uncheck the Load Startup Items option.
- Now, move to Services tab and then, check Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Click on Disable All. This will disable all startup items except the Microsoft Services.
- Click on Apply and then, restart your system.
Once your computer starts up, check if the issue of Bad Pool Error has been fixed.
Some More Fixes
Apart from the basic options indicated above, you may also try some other alternative methods as explained here below.
Method 1 Update Drivers
Outdated drivers can be a reason for the error code being generated. Thus you can update the drivers by following the steps here below â€“
- Press Windows Key and R key to bring up RUN dialog box.
- TYype in devmgmt.msc and press ENTER.
- Check for the drivers that have an exclamation mark in yellow. Right-click on it and click on Update Driver Software.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation.
You can also install the drivers if you have downloaded the driver files from manufacturer websites.
Method 2 â€“ Use Disk Cleanup
Cleaning up disk space can help you stay away from the issues of Bad Pool Header error. Follow the steps here below to achieve this.
- Boot your computer in SAFE Mode.
- Right click on the drive and then, choose Properties
- Now click on Disk Cleanup. Make sure you have chosen Clean Up System Files.
- Check the files you would wish to clean up, and then, click on OK.
- Now, go to Properties again and click on Tools tab.
- Look for Error Checking and then, click on Check under it.
- Follow the on screen instructions. This should clean up all the errors on your disk.
Now, restart your computer and check if this resolves the issue.
Method 3 â€“ Check your External Devices
Some external devices can cause the occurrence of the error. If you have connected any external devices to your computer, disconnect all of them. Check if your system works effectively.
Please note that disconnecting mouse and keyboard can disturb the functionality of your computer. It is advisable to disconnect all other external devices except these two. Once you have disconnected all of them, reboot your device.
If the error does not show up, start adding the hardware one by one and check if the error recurs. That way, you will be able to find the device that has been the culprit. You can try updating the driver for that device, or replace the device if needed.
The Final Thoughts
Well, those were a few tips for you so that you can fix Bad Pool Header Error on your computer. Though this tutorial has been done keeping Windows 10 in view, you can use the methods explained here for other versions of Windows as well. Except for the screenshots and a minor change in the menu structure, all the other steps remain similar.
If you have used any of those methods to solve the BSOD issue that may be affecting your device, do share your opinions with us. If you know any other better alternatives, feel free to share them with as well.